GREEK FUN
Θέλετε να αντιδράσετε στο μήνυμα; Φτιάξτε έναν λογαριασμό και συνδεθείτε για να συνεχίσετε.
GREEK FUN

Everything you might want concerning music, you will find it here

ΦόρουμΠόρταλLatest imagesΑναζήτησηΕγγραφήΣύνδεση

.NET Framework "1935 Error" Cripples Some Users' Office, IE9 Installs

Πήγαινε κάτω 
ΣυγγραφέαςΜήνυμα
hurricanemaxi

Αριθμός μηνυμάτων : 24
Ημερομηνία εγγραφής : 10/08/2011

.NET Framework "1935 Error" Cripples Some Users' Office, IE9 Installs Empty
ΔημοσίευσηΘέμα: .NET Framework "1935 Error" Cripples Some Users' Office, IE9 Installs   .NET Framework "1935 Error" Cripples Some Users' Office, IE9 Installs EmptyΔευ Αυγ 22, 2011 6:03 pm

Only current fix is a complete reinstall of Windows 7

Over the last two weeks I've been struggling with a very odd problem. I had purchased a copy of Microsoft Office 2010 Professional from Microsoft Corp. (MSFT) and had attempted to install it on my installation of Windows 7 Professional, only to discover that it refused to install. Over a long and frustrating process I came to learn that my Windows 7 install was broken, in what is currently a irrepairable corruption. And according to Microsoft support engineers, I'm not the only one.

I. The Dreaded Error 1935

The first sign I recognized that something serious had gone wrong with Windows 7 was when I tried to install Internet Explorer 9. I wanted to include this browser's test results in my roundup of recent browsers. But I would discover something quite different -- a bug in Windows itself.

I persistently received an error that it was missing necessary updates and could not install. I tried running Windows update several times manually, to no avail. I read several Knowledge Base and forum posts, but ultimately wasn't able to diagnose or fix the issue.

At the time I was very busy and I had the Windows Update process set to automatic, so I decided to stop wasting time on the issue and wait for Microsoft to push down a fix. In retrospect I probably should have posted to Microsoft Answers or called support, but again these things take time and having a working Internet Explorer 9 was a relatively secondary concern to me.

The problem would reappear this month when I purchased a copy of MSO 2010 Pro. and attempted an install. The process consistently failed with the error:

Error 1935. An error occurred during the installation of assembly component {03A12C9D-C56A-3F97-8530-0643D6391970}. HRESULT: 0x80073712 Setup failed. Rolling back changes...

...and then rolled back the installation process.

I first did a Google search on the assembly component code and found one TechNet post dated July 2010 and one Microsoft Answers post dated March 2011 with same issue. In both cases, the communication went dead without Microsoft or the poster expressing that a definitive solution had been reached.

That worried me, but I dug up some pages on other 1935 errors (with different assembly components) such as the following:

* Error 1935 During Installation of Trial Version of Microsoft Office 2010

* Error 1935. An error occurred during the installation of assembly component__ {89EDD3A9-944B- 3257-8484- D6EB6A00DDF5}. HRESULT: 0x8007370A

* Error 1935 when installing Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010 on Windows 7 Home Premium

* Error 1935 or 2908 when installing Office 2010 - here is the solution!

* http://support.microsoft.com/kb/926804

From these posts I ascertained the following:

1. An install of security software may interfere with installation (I've read some links to discussion of 1935 errors that suggest firewalls can also cause failures).
2. A broken .NET Framework can cause this error.
3. A missing TrustedInstaller.exe can cause this error.
4. Running services can cause this error.
5. Previous installs of MSO can cause errors.

Diligently, I addressed these issues one by one. I uninstalled .NET Framework 4, Silverlight, and Visual C++ using the control panel and "FixIt" script tools Microsoft provides to remove vestiges of these services from the registry. I verified that TrustedInstaller.exe was in its expected home (it was). I turned off all non-essential, non-Microsoft services (a "clean" boot). I disabled active monitoring in my security software. I tried first a clean boot, then a boot to safe mode.

I probably spent 14-16 hours on this "project", including a wasted weekend day, between digging around online and implementing the suggestions.

At the end of the day I still returned to the same old thing -- the dreaded "Error 1935".

To be clear I've never seen any signs of a malware infection and I keep my computer well protected and monitored, so this appeared to be solely a Microsoft Windows/Office issue.

Now I'm a DIY person and I spent a year working as an IT support engineer at an automotive plant (a co-op), so I tend to want to solve problems myself. But at this point I admitted defeat. I would have to contact Microsoft.

.NET Framework "1935 Error" Cripples Some Users' Office, IE9 Installs
Επιστροφή στην κορυφή 
Σελίδα 1 από 1
 Παρόμοια θέματα
-
» Microsoft Office Genuine Advantage Program En-silence

Δικαιώματα σας στην κατηγορία αυτήΔεν μπορείτε να απαντήσετε στα Θέματα αυτής της Δ.Συζήτησης
GREEK FUN :: Μουσική :: techno-
Μετάβαση σε: